Coralach

SiteLock 

 


 

Talisker Distillery

The Talisker distillery was founded in 1830 by Hugh and Kenneth MacAskill, and built in 1831 at Carbost after a number of false starts on other sites when they acquired the lease of Talisker House from the MacLeod of MacLeod. The distillery was rebuilt 1880–87 and extended in 1900. When a new lease for the distillery was negotiated with the chief of Clan MacLeod in 1892 the annual payment was to be £23.12s and a ten-gallon cask of best-quality Talisker. It was rebuilt in 1960 after a stillhouse fire completely destroyed the distillery.


Talisker Bay

 

The distillery operates five stills; two wash stills and three spirit stills. All the stills use worm tubs (condensing coils) rather than a modern condenser, which are believed to give the whisky a "fuller" flavour (itself an indication of higher sugar content).

Coralach Search:

Google: Yahoo: MSN:

      

     
SiteLock 

Coralach 2013 All rights reserved https://www.coralach.co.uk/ Website Page Updated
Website maintained by Coralach - email:
the webmaster - website Privacy Policy